The last few days have been turbulent! From the phone calls, emails and messages we have been getting it is clear that our local South African community has been rocked by the indiscriminate expulsion of some of our luminaries. The amount of traffic to this blog from countries outside South Africa tells us that the shockwaves are going around the world.
Many Scientologists are outraged at this but are not sure of what they can do. Every Scientologist has different circumstances which makes their plan of action unique. There are several things that all of us can do. We’ve put together a short list of some actions to take. Each of you can do one or more of these depending on your circumstance and what is right for you: These are just our ideas (spit balling as the yanks say), we’d love some input and suggestions in the comments.
- Do not go to any more events. Whether fund raisers or International events.
- Do not pay ANY money to the church
- If you are in the position to do so speak up. Let the church know that you will not disconnect and that you disagree
- Send an email to your list of Scientology contacts (anonymously or not) and let them know about this blog.
- Every Scientologist has observed outpoints. Talk to other Scientologists. Let them know they are not alone!
- Make contact with those that have been declared. Let them know they have your support.
- List out the Scientologist friends that you’ve lost touch with. Get back in comm.
- If you are aware of abuse, corruption or general out ethics on the part of the church send the information to this blog so it can be exposed. Your confidence will be respected.
A line that was pushed quite a lot on staff some years ago was “this is your Scientology” meaning we all have to be responsible for it. The joke was that when you took action you thought was right, like reporting the off policy of your senior, you were promptly and heavily “corrected”. But let us own this concept now!