I’m sure no-one needs to be reminded that 6 days ago a new Sea Org management team arrived in South Africa and detonated a nuclear bomb into the South African Scientology community by declaring suppressive 18 long standing OTs and contributing Scientologists.
They have followed this up with a staggering amount of no information. They have created an overwhelming amount of confusion and have done nothing to deal with that confusion. They invited Scientologists to come to the org and get briefed at graduation and then provided no briefing. We, at this blog, find ourselves having to do the job of providing news as the church is providing none.
Call-in for the Golden Age of Tech II event is going flat out with every call-inner completely ignoring this massive state of confusion and simply telling public how fantastic this release will be. See Don’t mind the elephant. When they call you, ask for an explanation for all the declares!
Because of the ridiculous way they have disseminated this news, we and others have had conversations with people, including Sea Org members, who have asked “how do you know they are declared?” or “are you sure they are declared?”
These are the known facts:
- 18 declare orders have been issued as detailed in this article.
- The church has not communicated directly to any of these 18 informing them of the church’s decision. Not a phone call, not an email. Nothing
- Officials in the church have been telling public that several efforts were made to contact and handle people such as Gaye & Ernest Corbett. This is a lie. Since the beginning of September not a single phone call was made by any church official to even clarify their position.
- There was no prior ethics gradients applied. Hearings, interrogatories, committees of evidence.
- Some family of the 18 have been called in to read the declare orders.
- On Friday night the declare orders were made available under the watchful eye of the ethics officer to be read. Otherwise these declare orders have not been published or put on a notice board. Most notably those found guilty and sentenced (the 18) have no way of reading these orders.
- Some people employed by the 18 have been told to leave the employ of those declared.
- Sea Org members continue the character assassination of those declared on unofficial channels.
- A small number of “hard core” Scientologists continue to forward this line of character assassination.
- Church officials are instructing those who have been briefed to disconnect. This despite the church being on record as stating that there is no policy of disconnection. The consequence of refusal to disconnect is being declared suppressive.
It is clear that the strategy is to say and do as little as possible and simply pretend everything is okay until the natives get used to the idea and it all “goes away”.
We must not let them get away with this. Every Scientologist has a right to know. Call your local org or the Sea Org base and demand to know what’s going on. Don’t let them get away with not answering.