A Pretoria “under the radar” forwarded this document to us which is quite frankly, shocking.
This is further evidence of our claims in our previous extensive article on Pretoria that the org was already bankrupt before it opened its doors.
The first document (pictured below) is a covering note confirming that the Pretoria org owns the City of Tshwane (Pretoria Municipality) an amount of R1,159,918.36 (yes, that’s One Million, One Hundred and Fifty Nine Thousand Rands – plus some change).
Further, the document threatens disconnection of services and.or further steps to be taken.
Some points to note:
- BUNKER HILLS INVESTMENTS 499 (PTY) Ltd is a company through which the church owns several of its properties.
- The listed physical address of Bunker Hill Investments – 5 Cynthia Street Kensington – the same address as CLO Africa.
- The address for which the account is valid is 708 CNR CHURCH & BLACKWOOD STREETS (This was before Church Street was renamed to Stanza Bopape Street). The stand number confirms that this is indeed, the location of the Pretoria Org..
- A deposit of R34,950.00 was made to the council on the 4th May 2009, which would have been mandated as necessary in order for transfer of the property to Bunker Hill.
- According to the account, it is overdue by 607 days, and some of the meter readings go back to 2012 – indicating that the Church has not made ONE payment on this account since their Grand Opening in February 2013.
- From the time that the Project Developers took over the site, a meter reading is taken, and once they have finished on site and handed it over to the “owner”, another meter reading is taken and that portion of the account is paid by the Contractors. According to the account, Tri-Star paid an amount of R31,450.86 to the Council for their part of the bill.
- Theoretically, Bunker Hill Investments is the “Landlord” (owner) of the property and therefore obliged to pay the sanitation and rates & taxes on the property – “the tenant” (i.e. “The Church” is responsible for the Water & Lights and sewage services). All of this becomes muddy of course, because Bunker Hill is posing as both the occupant and owner of the property.
While the Church is busying itself with declaring masses of its parishioners for alleged “crimes” according to their own doctrines (which would be laughed out of court), they are brazenly behaving as if their own house is in order and expanding while being in breach of municipal and council by-laws.
We wonder what the good, decent citizens of Tshwane would feel if this story was uncovered? It’s certainly newsworthy.
It is understood that Joburg Org (also owned by Bunker Hills) is in a very similar position of unpaid rates, lights and water.