This article is intended as a refresher to our regular blog supporters and a brief introduction for those who recently joined the BIC family.
This blog’s purpose is stated in its title – to get Scientolgists back in comm.
Initially our main purpose in establishing the blog was to provide a platform for discussion, debate and conversations about current Church mismanagement, violation and alterations of LRH’s policies and tech, indiscriminate declaring of OT’s and other top Scientologists and a growing number of issues we believe are plaguing official Scientology.
The slow slide of the church over at least the last decade has brought about major wrong-target attacks on LRH and SCN. Others who have had very little to no personal contact with the subject have jumped on the bandwagon and are fuelling the fire in an attempt to annihilate both LRH and the philosophy of Scientology. This is a wrong-target. This is the “product” of official Scientology (or Radical Corporate Scientology as it has come to be known).
We hold the belief that the single biggest betrayal of the Church on its parishioners is the promise of “higher states of being” and “spiritual eternity” which cost a fortune and are never delivered. The “handling” for people who realize they have failed to reach the stated gains after completing the pinnacle the Church has to offer is to re-package and alter the technology and then announce in flashy events that everyone got the wrong version thanks to “some SP” and they have to pay and start again – and again – and again.
Added to this is the expectation that parishioner’s are to contribute towards off-purpose campaigns and activities in direct violation of LRH policy such as the IAS and Ideal Orgs. Failure to blindly support and donate towards these activities or “Command Intention” is met with veiled threats of justice actions and/or refusal of being invited onto the upper levels.
Not only has the Church failed to deliver what they promise, but in many cases they have rendered previously good and able people in worse states than before they came into contact with Scientology – financially, morally and spiritually. This is THE highest insult, degradation and betrayal of LRH and his tech.
If you are reading this, then you already know that these topics of discussion are “verboten” within the Church’s walls. Public are either lied to or warned off when trying to address these issues with Church staff and/or management. As a result, numerous people have and are waking up to the fact that they have been hoodwinked and ripped off, and are seeking answers outside of the Church.
The BIC blog is the place for those who want their questions answered and are seeking the truth. It is a platform for people to engage with each other and contribute their own experiences, personal stories and articles to this forum.
In addition to exposing current Church affairs, this blog is also intended to provide a place where people can safely ask questions on the subject of Scientology philosophy as written by LRH (as opposed to the version currently being peddled by the Church). If we cannot immediately handle your query, we have the resources to get the answers you are seeking.
We are aware that many who have found this blog consider it an extremely valuable source of information and that after having found out more about the current state of affairs in the Church, may be asking themselves “what now”?
We want it clearly communicated that there are alternatives, and all is not lost.
There are real and sustainable gains readily available outside the Church. The tech is alive and flourishing and being correctly delivered to many people internationally and in South Africa. Previously disenchanted and upset cases have been salvaged and are once again winning, very happy and keenly continuing their Scientology journey. There are also new Scientologists being made outside the Church.
This blog does not promote any one particular independent group or alternative path, but we will oblige by providing information to those who are seeking alternatives and want to know more.
Likewise, we do not hold it against nor will we allow any make wrong, invalidation or attack of anybody announcing that they are permanently departing from Scientology. Perhaps one day such people may change their minds. If that happens (and it has in many cases), there are people ready, willing and able to help.
It is possible that there can be a “brotherhood of Scientologists” that allows us to talk, debate and interact without ever judging each other or feeling the need to label one another as “squirrels”; “off source” or whatever. It has now emerged that there are several ways and approaches to traveling the Scientology road. The workability of each rests firmly in the often quoted but seldom understood quote:
“What is true for you is what you have observed yourself.”
This brotherhood is achieved by communication with all its idealistic ingredients: Granting of beingness, acknowledgement, intention, attention.
Which brings us to the issue of our moderation policy which we wish to address in a little more detail.
- There are numerous blogs, Facebook pages and other forums on the internet which contain stories about LRH’s foibles or failings and the non-workability or failure of the Scientology tech.
- The BIC blog is not such a forum.
- Submission of articles and comments containing first-person eye-witness experiences of stories about LRH from years gone by are ok as long as these are communicated in context, without malice and not intended purely to malign LRH.
- Taking “snippets” of information from LRH policy, articles and lectures out of context and then using this as a basis for outright condemnation of him and the tech is misleading to our readers and does no-one any good.
- We reserve the right to redact and/or moderate comments or links to articles or videos and other internet sites which contain content solely intended to attack or denigrate LRH & his tech.
- If one does not agree with a particular issue or comment, we are happy to allow debate or engagement with each other as long this is done in a courteous fashion and willingness to grant beingness. Give acknowledgement where due and allow the right of other points of view. Please refrain from carping comments, make wrong or personal invalidation of fellow blog visitors.
- We have always tried to err on the side of open communication but we cannot allow our platform of open communication to serve an agenda of hate. Democracy and open communication are, by their nature, noisy affairs and often involves robust debate. This is good. This is healthy. It is encouraged but the parameters are important.
- We do not allow any comments or links referring to upper-levels or confidential materials.
- For those new to this blog, please read our Moderation Policy page for further information.
In closing, we encourage people to contribute stories and articles that conform to and are in alignment with our aims and intentions as stated above.
A special thanks to all our regular visitors and contributors for their ongoing and valued support.