The response to this blog has been far greater than we expected. Clearly there has been a need for such a platform.
Several people have raised the question of “now what?” or “where do we go with this?” With all the interaction and conversation that takes place daily we feel it important to re-iterate and state clearly what the purpose of this blog is.
This blog is intended for Scientologists. Of all stripes. Whether part of the official church, independent, Free Zone, Ron’s Org or not attached at all. The foundation is built around communication and simply getting back in comm.
All very well but what do we want? And why?
Simply stated the democratization of Scientology. The idea of democracy has gotten a bad name within Scientology. In retrospect the reason seems obvious. We as Scientologists have become used to the idea of a single leader. We’ve got used to the idea that we need someone to tell us what to do, what to think, what to say. Yet democracy is all that will save the subject from complete obscurity and irrelevance in this world.
We believe this is the only option open to the subject, for the following reasons:
- The subject has already fractured. There are many many groups delivering Scientology outside the walls of the official church
- Information has been liberated. All Scientology materials are widely available on the Internet.
- Control of what people do and what information they access is no longer possible. The number of sites, books and general information available on every aspect of the subject has exploded since 2009. With the democratization of information and access to that information people at large have become accustomed to the idea of their freedom to explore and access.
- Dictatorship and tyranny are ONLY possible where access to information is tightly controlled.
- Consequently every Scientologist has the absolute right to know what is going on with the subject to which they have subscribed or identified.
- Scientologists do not need to be protected from entheta. The very subject provides the means to confront and deal with this so-called entheta.
By democracy we do not mean a system of government for the subject broadly. That ship has sailed. However, where Scientologists choose to organise themselves they should, if they are smart, heed the lessons we are learning now and organise themselves around democratic principles.
Rather, by “democratize Scientology” we simply mean open and unrestricted access to information as & when we personally and self determinedly choose. That is a right, an absolute right, of every Scientologist. Each will then have to make the best decisions for themselves based on what they observe.
This, quite nicely, brings us right back to the idea of “getting back in comm” since the only way to attain this grand vision is through communication. Open & honest.
We are not asking anyone to form groups. We are not promoting one group over another. To wax lyrical for a second we wish to form a general brotherhood of Scientologists.
It is possible to be a Scientologist and have views that differ with other Scientologists. It is possible to use the philosophy personally and quietly for your own benefit.
Perhaps then the “tech” will have a chance to be relevant in this world. Where it can stand or fall on its own merit. Not because someone insists it is the only salvage of man or because others insist it is born only of evil.
From the creed of the church:
We of the church believe:
That all men have inalienable rights to their own religious practices and their performance.
That all men have inalienable rights to their own lives.
That all men have inalienable rights to their sanity.
That all men have inalienable rights to their own defense.
That all men have inalienable rights to conceive, choose, assist or support their own organizations, churches and governments.
That all men have inalienable rights to think freely, to talk freely, to write freely their own opinions and to counter or utter or write upon the opinions of others.