[Virtual: 1. almost or nearly as described, but not completely or according to strict definition. 2. not physically existing as such but made by software to appear to do so]
The following promo has been distributed by the the “OT Ambassadors” of Africa who have come up with the bright idea of encouraging ALL Scientologists (including those living in other countries) to buy “virtual bricks” for funding the rest of the Ideal Orgs in Africa. The reward for anyone making such a donation is that their name will appear on a “Virtual Wall of Fame”.
The promo piece clearly states that AOAF will be opening in 2015.
Here it is:
This is not a new concept. Way back in 2000 when fundraising for the new Joburg Org started, they were also selling bricks and the like – depending on the size of donation, one could own a door or even an entire auditing room. This was just one of many fundraising games used to get Joburg Org funded.
14 years later, and again (or still) the public are being asked to buy bricks for African orgs. For the AO to open every org has to be an ideal org. To put this into perspective, consider this:
- When Joburg Org made the decision to move, the concept of Ideal Orgs had not yet been born. The move came about because of the necessity to get out of the crime ridden city centre. None-the-less, it took 3 years to raise the money and renovate the building which finally opened its doors in November 2003.
- It took a further two years after that for Joburg to achieve Saint Hill size in 2005. This status didn’t last very long and within two years (2007), the org was around the same size it was prior to the move.
- In 2006 fundraising for the Braamfontein Test Centre commenced. 4 years later, this building opened in March 2010. By August 2011 this building had been standing empty and unmanned for some months, and today is open for a few hours in the afternoons only and has a total of 5 students coming on course at sporadic times. See Joburg’s life improvement centre: A barren wasteland
- Concurrent with Braamfontein, fundraising for Pretoria started as did the “retrofit” for Joburg. The ribbon-cutting (re-opening) of Joburg took place in August 2011 and, finally, Pretoria opened in February 2013. This org is not doing as well as would be expected from a R40 million building. See Pretoria – idling along
- Fundraising for Joburg North was also taking place at the same time as Pretoria. This cycle has been in progress for more than 4 years. Unbeknownst to the public, all the money raised for Joburg North up to August 2013 was funneled over to handle the shortfall on Pretoria. 4 years later, Joburg North still has not bought a building, let alone started renovating it.
- The building in Durban was demolished (Durban’s ideal empty lot) and then they reportedly sold the empty lot so there is no building. Port Elizabeth and of course Cape Town which was purchased 8 years ago and seems to be no closer to an Ideal Org than the day it was purchased, despite a team of 3 Sea Org members who were dispatched to Cape Town in February to get it wrapped up. See Ideal Org update
- Lastly, the Zimbabwe Orgs – Bulawayo and Harare. These orgs are IAS funded but are standing empty and derelict with one of them having become brothel (Bulawayo ideal org building turned into a brothel). With the Millions sitting in the African IAS accounts (which cannot be sent overseas due to exchange control issues) one wonders why these orgs have not been renovated and opened years ago.
In other words, it’s taken 14 years to get Joburg, Braamfontein and Pretoria orgs opened and operating. There were 3402 days between the opening of Joburg and Pretoria Orgs. So far it has been 521 days since Pretoria Org opened and no renovations have even begun an any other building. There are 522 days until the end of 2015. The expectation of the above promo is that in the next 522 days another 5 orgs and 1 Advanced Org will be funded, renovated and opened for business.
Taking a leaf out of the green vol policies and working back from the end product: This requires a building be completed and opened every 87 days if one of those opened today.
When this target is missed, and it will be, there will be no outcry or inquiry. There will only be a new promo piece with a new date and a new game of virtual buildings.